Nov 24 2010
Where can I find a Persian, Himalayan or Chinchilla cat that is the old -fashioned pug faced-the snooty….?
Question by D.M.: Where can I find a Persian, Himalayan or Chinchilla cat that is the old -fashioned pug faced-the snooty….?
or slightly mad looking ones? Online I’ve seen only the original “doll faced” and the ultra modern one that appears to have its nose level equal with its eyes-this one has a pug face with its nose below its eyes and with a “scowl” or “snooty” look on its face that looks very cute to me….is anyone still breeding this type?
Here’s an example I found….
OK-I have lots of kitty experience with other breeds, and know about the Persian brushing requirements. I want the kind that looks like it has a furrowed brow, like a “grumpy” look. This look was in vogue in the 70′s and the only look shown in cat books-I can’t seem to find it now.
Answer by Blue Diamond
Beware that a Persian with a lot of break in its nose can have breathing problems. Perhaps for a pet getting one with no quite as much break? Chinchilla is a color for a Persian and a Himalayan refers to a Persian that has points (various colors) like a Siamese does. If you aren’t prepared to spend a lot of time combing the cat, don’t get a Persian. You might consider an Exotic instead. It’s a cross between an American Shorthair and a Persian I believe, and it now its own breed (Exotic). They have the “pushed in” nose of the Persian.
Add your own answer in the comments!
Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)
- Related posts on Chinchilla
- Brasileiro ? Sim « AQW Dark Chaos's Blog
- Do Chinchilla's Make Good Pets? (description)? – Fish – Nature Smell
- Thecompanymarketing.com | Blog | Wiha 38043 Stubby Screwdriver …
- Related posts on facedthe
- His wife was beaten to death by domestic violence 8 times the …
- Indiana Pacers Set to Get Over .500 With Win Over Cavaliers …
- » WWE 2010 Survivor Series Review – Blogger News Network